Dawno nie było oferty pracy z Krakowa… Co prawda jest w języku angielskim, ale jesteśmy pewni, że nawet w piątek dacie radę 😉
Guidewire opened Krakow Centre in September 2015 to support increasing global customer demand. Kraków is Guidewire’s eighth global development Centre, joining teams in California, Dublin, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tokyo and Toronto. The Centre is focused on development of core products that are critical to the company and its clients.
Our Krakow team is growing and looking for great professionals and personalities to join us.
Technical Writer – Kraków Development Centre, Poland
We’re looking for talented and intellectually curious technical writers for our team. Writers who can apply both intuitive and analytical thinking and quickly understand complex software. Writers who can visualize the big picture and brainstorm about edge cases. Writers who are technical enough to experiment with the product, test assumptions, and even dive into source code to figure out how something works.
As a technical writer in the Documentation team, you will:
- Work with geographically distributed teams of developers and product managers to understand the behavior and nuances of our products.
- Plan, design, and develop content for features/modules and multiple deliverables.
- Write documentation for our applications, plugins, and APIs.
- Contribute to content development efforts and to departmental projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate extensively with Documentation team members in Ireland and the U.S.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication and collaboration skills, a high technical aptitude, a hands-on approach, and a self-motivated attitude. Expect to work in a fast-changing, flexible environment, and to use your own judgment extensively.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience writing documentation for enterprise software products
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and related web technologies
- Knowledge of web applications, databases, and object-oriented-programming
- Knowledge of standard industry practices in information development and delivery
- Good understanding of topic-based authoring, XML, DITA, and content delivery processes
- Proficiency with authoring tools such as Adobe FrameMaker and Oxygen XML Author
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to elicit information from experts and learn by experimenting
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or related degree or comparable experience.
Preferably, candidates also have some of the following:
- Ability to write code to test assumptions or for short documentation examples
- Experience creating and delivering content for SaaS applications, including embedded assistance and online help
- Experience working with cross-geo teams
- Experience in an Agile environment
About the Documentation team
The Documentation team creates and publishes content that helps our users understand technical and business concepts and successfully deploy and customize Guidewire products.
Our audience includes business analysts, technical consultants, and various levels of programmers. Writers must deeply understand the end-to-end behavior of our product features and functionality as well as related configuration files and APIs. We regularly install product builds, dive into the code, and often figure out documentation needs even before we get any developer documentation.
Our custom production, validation, and automation tools enable writers to focus on learning complex information and writing about it, rather than on production work or investigating documentation build problems.
Guidewire builds software that property and casualty insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change. We combine three elements – core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement – into a technology platform that enhances insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. More than 260 P/C insurers around the world have selected Guidewire.
We believe we have a good idea about what makes a fulfilling work life for employees: meaningful work, quality products, sound business strategy, ultra-competent colleagues, and plenty of freedom to innovate and create. We recently received a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award and were ranked third in the Best Places to Work in 2016 list.
The Kraków Development Centre is focused on development of core products, which are critical to the company and its customers.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California and is publicly traded under the symbol GWRE.
Seem Like a Good Fit?
Aplikować możecie bezpośrednio przez karier-stronę.