Ta nazwa stanowiska brzmi dumnie! Architekt informacji wśród perełek krakowskiej architektury – to może być coś dla Ciebie!
Jeżeli byliście na warsztatach organizowanych przez Motorola Solutions, to być może macie już wyrobione zdanie na temat tego pracodawcy. Firma ta ma długą tradycję budowania dokumentacji użytkownika oraz szkoleń, również w Polsce. Wydaje się, że żaden Information Architect nie pracował nigdy nad tym ogłoszeniem, ale i tak polecamy!
Aplikować można pod tym linkiem.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions Learning Organization consists of a group of professionals responsible for design, development and maintenance of documentation and training materials for Motorola Solutions employees, partners and customers. As a Designer you will have an opportunity to expand your IT knowledge, and with the use of modern tools, design content allowing our customers better understanding of the state-of-the-art products developed by Motorola Solutions. If you feel that you’re up to the challenge, then we want YOU to join our department.
Information Architect is responsible for designing the documentation content and owning the documentation set for certain technology. Below find the task/duties specific to the role.
TASKS / DUTIES / LEADERSHIP
- Perform Needs Analysis (Product Research and Customer Interviews) for a manual or course of standard complexity and scope
- Read technical material on the subjects, interviews Subject Matter Experts and audience members, and review historic audience data to determine the content and approach for the materials
- Create a Conceptual Design Document, drive its review and revise it as necessary
- Provide input to PMs and Functional Managers to guide resource assignments based on skills match
- Work with the Content and Media Developers to implement the Design
- Review all related work products for conformance
- Maintain the Design with Lessons Learned. Active participation in actions derived of Lessons Learned for previous projects
- Active participation in special projects in connection to Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Technical support to Learning organization where and when required
- Participation in project-related Formal Technical Reviews
- Check CMS collection for titles to ensure alignment with the naming conventions and scope of the design baseline
- Prepare and run kick-off meetings (for the whole team and individual meetings) to highlight the project/release scope and impact on the project deliverables.
- Prepare detailed markups of more complex updates.
- Review and mark up system diagrams.
- Create and review Detailed Design Documents for new documents.
- Keep track of project scope changes and estimate their impact on the project deliverables.
- Decide on the new metadata implementation and general metadata strategy.
- Manage the documentation portfolio by adding or removing deliverables based on customer needs and project requirements.
- Research new documentation modalities to drive development and implementation, focusing on improved customer experience and more efficient maintenance.
- Drive improvements in our documentation delivery methods.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS (ROLE-SPECIFIC)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong communication organization and structuring skills
- Strong technical skills
- Significant experience with Technical Publications and/or Instructional Methods and Learning Theory
- Ability to interview customers to perform Needs Analysis
- Experience with Product Development processes and approaches
- Experience with alternate media technologies, methodologies and tools and their relation to customer needs
- Familiarity with Motorola Product Delivery and Support methods and procedures
- Familiarity with Information Mapping methodology
- Apply standard professional principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve a variety of problems Knowledge of other related fields
- Provide resolutions to problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Provide highly creative solutions
- Work under limited direction
- Independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Represent the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role and/or may supervise the activities of lower level personnel
- Contribute to the development of organization’s goals and objectives
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous judgments or recommendations would normally have serious results and may require substantial expenditure or resources to correct and/or achieve project goals
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience Information Architect education or Minimum of 3-4 years related experience Working with culturally diverse global teams Strong interpersonal, leadership, written, and verbal communication skills Self-motivated to accomplish goals Flexible work hours. Must be able to work outside of traditional working hours to enable collaboration with the global team. PREFERRED: Master’s degree or equivalent experience Knowledge of Motorola Solutions product and service portfolios/businesses Knowledge of project management principles Knowledge of Agile development environment